- Hit "reply"
- Add your note: (agent's name), Thanks for requesting (so many pages) of (title). You'll find the requested material pasted below. I look forward to hearing from you. (closing signature)
- Press "enter" a few times
- Go to your manuscript and copy the desired number of pages (you can go over a few to get to the end of a sentence or scene)
- Go to your email and paste the desired pages
- Save the desired number of pages in a .doc document (try not to use .docx as some ereaders have difficulty reading it)
- Don't use fancy graphics as it detracts attention from your manuscript and can show up funky on some monitors and ereaders
- Refer to my blog post Formatting for Ereaders if you want your manuscript to look pretty whether on a computer or ereader
- The file name you save your document under should be the title of your manuscript. Be sure your name and email is on the title page of your manuscript (so I know who it belongs to)
- In the email thread hit "reply"
- Add your note, (agent's name, Thank you for requesting (number of pages) of (title). The requested material is attached. I look forward to hearing from you. (closing signature)
- Attach requested material
Remember. Simple is good. It's your ms that needs to speak volumes. Not you.