Thanks to The Literary Mom for the nomination!
Kreative blogger award:
1. Share 10 things about yourself that readers might find interesting.
2. Pass the award onto 6 other bloggers (be sure to leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know).
Ten things about my self...
1. I consider myself a "reverse book snob." After reading too many 19th century and literary books for college, I'm hard pressed to pick up either a "literary" novel, short story, poem, avant garde, or classic. I hate Holden Caulfield, Thomas Pynchon, and Herman Melville with an equal passion (but have deep respect for Melville, Pynchon, and Salinger). I like commercial books and I'm not afraid to shout it.
2. I'm vain about my nails and feet and love to paint my nails. Right now I'm partial to Crackle paint and sparkles (not at the same time).
3. I only consume caffeine at Chinese restaurants because I love their tea. I'm usually jittery for a solid four hours afterwards.
4. Random or bizarre things in public don't faze me. I went to college in Bellingham, thankyouverymuch. I feel nostalgic when I pass people on the street shouting nonsense or dressed in wacky clothes. I miss Free Hug signs.
5. I'm allergic to cane sugar and still dream about fudge.
6. I love 80s and 90s movies. Action, rom-com, teen, and sci-fi especially.
7. A Star Wars reference will make my day. Last week, I witnessed three separate accounts of "These are not the droids you're looking for." It was a good week.
8. I only set my alarm clock to end in a 3 or 7 (5:23, 8:37, etc). Otherwise, I'm not OCD. As long as you don't rearrange my kitchen.
9. I don't own as many books as people think I should. My collection is actually pitifully small. I borrow books from the library (or my clients). I currently have 15 books out and 20 on hold. If I do buy books, it's either because I met the author or I know I'll be loaning that one out a lot. One day I will be rich enough to single-handedly support the publishing market. Until then...
10. I have never owned an Ipod, MP3 player, or other music listening device other than a CD player which only gets use in my car if I can't find books on tape--my car doesn't have a CD player so I have to hook it in.
Six other bloggers I feel deserve the reward: (it would be obvious if I choose my own clients, but they all deserve it--please check out their blogs, all listed to the right)
1. YA Confidential. They've teamed together with real teens to bring an honest perspective to YA writers who may otherwise have no access to the real teen. Plus, their posts can usually make me laugh or rub an invisible mustache and go "Hmmmmm."
2. The Bookinistas. A group of writers and authors who review only the books they love. I trust all of their opinions and on Thursday can be found hopping from blog to blog and adding to my TBR list.
3. Bibliophile Brouhaha. An honest, wonderful, awesome book blog. I can always rely on her reviews. And I'm pretty sure half my TBR is because of her.
4. The Bookish Brunette. A real woman who knows her books. And shoes. And purses. And zombies. Can I be her? Plus, her rating are given as stilletos. A good portion of my TBR is due to her as well.
5. this literary life. Bree Ogden is fabulous. Just saying. I know every time I visit her blog I'm going to find something that wows my socks off. And she's as close as I ever come to art and that other I'm afraid of.
6. Fiction Vixen. The adult stuff. Paranormal Romance. Urban Fantasy. Historical. Drool...
I think I have a thing for book blogs...