I don't have a fancy technology phone, so I won't be updating Blogger or Twitter while I'm gone. But I'll take good notes and blog about it on Monday. But check out the agency blog at www.andreahurst.com because Gordon might update.
Things I'm looking forward to:
- All star cast of panels. From Donald Maas and Alan Rinzler, to Laurie McLean and Amy Burkhardt (and Gordon of course), and of course best selling authors.
- Meeting the editors. What, you think you writers are the only ones who smoochz? While you're chasing us, we're chasing the editors, making and updating contacts (someone's gotta sell your book).
- Meeting other agents. Talking about the business, bragging about what projects we're working on, etc, etc. Because how would a job be any fun if you don't get to talk to people with similar passions?
- Meeting the authors/writers. Here is a hot spot of talent. If you've never been to a conference, do so. And pitch agents. We know that you're here to learn, to develop your craft, that you're serious about your work. We like seeing that, because it's less risky to go with you than someone who has never been to a conference or who doesn't work on their craft. We know you're in for the long haul. We like it.
- San Fransisco. I've never been! So I'm super excited to get in a teensy amount of sight seeing.