Okay, not the basics. The basics are sentence construction. I might be inclined to rant about the misuse of semi-colons every now and then, but otherwise I leave that to your first grade teacher.
We all know how important a query is. Most of us know what it is. Some of us know what it is not.
This month will be broken down into sections. Next week: what it is and what it is not.
Today: the importance
- It gets your foot in the door. Agent reads. Agent likes. Agent requests pages. Another post for another day.
- Demonstrates your knowledge and use of proper sentence and paragraph construction.
- Demonstrates your ability to structure ideas in a concise form.
- Demonstrates your ability to follow direction.
- Shows that the ms has unique characters and complete plot.
- Proves you know how to sum up your book and describe it in the most market-friendly way.
- Unless you're just really naturally good at it, a good query will show the agent that you've spent time and effort on the process. You're someone we want to work with.
Thanks for the wonderful advice about semi-colons - never really knew where they belonged anyway. Just joking!
Thanks for the advice.
When a writer mentioned the words 'query letter' to another agent, she was handed her head.
*sigh* What a business this is.
I'm always afraid that rejections are from a bad query letter rather than bad ideas or MS...
I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Cara Menyembuhkan Paru Paru Basah
Cara Menghilangkan Alergi Seafood
Tips Untuk Menghilangkan Alergi Hidung
Obat Sembelit Yang Aman
Cara Mengobati Demam Berdarah
Pengobatan Bells Palsy Herbal
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Pantat
Menghilangkan Benjolan Lemak
Obat Penyakit Dompo
Obat Diabetes Insipidus
Post a Comment