Thursday, August 4, 2011

PNWA

This weekend I'll be at the annual PNWA conference. If you're attending, please find me and say hello!

And remember to attend local conferences. Get involved.

Network with not only agents and editors, but also other writers. You may be able to find a new critique group more tailored to your needs. They may be able to impart advice, such as finding agents or other conferences/workshops to attend. They may be the voice at midnight you need to help get you through your first draft/multiple edits.

Take time to implement changes to your ms after attending workshops before sending it out to agents you've pitched at the conference.

Take advantage of extra pitch session time to ask advice.

Take advantage of having book doctors there to let you know where you are at with your novel and what you can do to step it up

But always, ALWAYS have fun!!

Happy conferencing!

6 comments:

Martha Ramirez said...

Hope you have fun! Wish I could go.

Anonymous said...

Very true. Meeting up with writers I've met online was one of the major highlights of the conferences I've attended.

Yeah, interacting with agents and editors is part of it but not the only part.

And you're right on the Have Fun part FOR SURE!! :) Great memories to be made at conferences.

Write on!!

Leslie Deaton said...

Can't wait to hear your take aways! I'm always looking for the next great topic or tip you will share. My first novel A Marked Past is coming out in Oct and I've made it this far because of advice from people like you. Thanks for doing what you do!

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

It was wonderful meeting you today! I hope you have an awesome rest of the conference!

D.C.C. Mealy said...

It was great meeting you at the conference, it was a lot of fun!

Unknown said...



I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Obat Kram Otak
Obat Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Tangan
Kumpulan Artikel Mengenai Kesehatan Dan Kebugaran