Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday Reads: Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison satisfied the part of me that is restless while waiting for JR Ward to come out with a new book.

Synopsis:
Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races. 

First Line: "Pia was blackmailed into committing a crime more suicidal than she could possibly have imagined, and she had no one to blame but herself."

Got my attention. Did it get yours?

Here's what I love about this line: main character is front and center; we know the main conflict (and it's interesting); leaves enough mystery to keep us reading on; we know how she feels about the main conflict and there is more conflict behind it (for some reason she did it but didn't want to).

Brownie Points: For some reason, I'm not sold on the whole turning into a dragon thing. Rats, sure. Parrot, okay. Wolves, oh yeah. But Dragons never intrigued me, even in fantasy. This book managed to change all of that. Hmmm, Dragos was a yummy dragon. Thanks Thea for changing my mind!

Recommendation: Like I said above, readers of JR Ward will love it. Any other ParaRom readers will love it too. Smart. Sexy. Fun.

Would I represent it? Yes, I would. And I am looking for something similar to it. I am looking for Paranormal Romance.

Happy reading! 

5 comments:

Gina Ciocca said...

Oh yikes. As an Italian, I have to laugh at the name "Pia Giovanni." It sounds straight out of The Godfather!

And thanks so much for digging my query out of your spam folder on Monday. I hope you'll enjoy the sample pages I included.

Amy B. said...

Would I represent it? Yes, I would.

Too late, she's mine. ;) Thanks for the awesome write-up, though!

Hope all is still lovely in the Northwest. I was kind of shocked it didn't rain once while I was at Cannon Beach last week.

Marsha Sigman said...

I love J.R. Ward. Definitely checking this out.

Who doesn't love a hot dragon???

Shelley Watters said...

I absolutely LOVE Jr. Ward. Have you checked out Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series? I just picked them up and they remind me of JR Ward's work. (And fill that void that waiting for JR Ward's next book has left).

Unknown said...



I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Obat Kram Otak
Obat Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Tangan
Kumpulan Artikel Mengenai Kesehatan Dan Kebugaran